1. highly suitable and really expressing the intended thought or feeling; 2. having happiness or good luck; 3. pleasing and agreeable
– The felicitous speech was just what the earthquake victims needed to inspire them to rebuild.
– A felicitous life depends on your attitude toward what life throws at you.
– The President gave a felicitous speech to the troops, which gave them comfort and resolve to complete their mission.
– I feel like I am living a felicitous life full of joy and opportunity.
appropriate, applicable, apropos, germane,
infelicitous, improper, inappropriate
– The artist specializes in mosaics incorporating various colors of glass and tile.
– Katie teaches in an ethnically diverse neighborhood and her classroom is a mosaic of children from various cultures.
– The beautiful tile mosaic in the entry way was one of the things I loved about the house.
– New York City, with all of its diversity, is a cultural and social mosaic.
. in art, a detailed pattern made from many different tiles or pieces; 2. something made up of a variety of elements
pattern, composite, mixture