having little value or significance
– I will not even discuss such a trifling subject.
– Mary could barely live on her trifling salary.
– My coworkers argued incessantly about who spilled the coffee, which seemed like a trifling matter to me.
– It was a trifling matter, and I didn’t want to discuss it.
insignificant, inane, inconsequential,
significant, valuable, important
1. having many turns and bends; 2. not direct or straightforward; 3. intricate and complex
– I love going to the cabin, but I dread driving up the tortuous mountain roads in order to get there.
– The negotiations are expected to be long and tortuous.
– I wish she would be more up-front instead of hinting at her needs in a tortuous way.
– The government should find a way to make tax laws less tortuous and more easy for the average person to understand.
twisted, twisting, curved, indirect
straight, direct, simple