1. common and occurring widely or affecting many people or places; 2. spread far apart
– The region has been plagued with widespread mudslides due to the unusually heavy rainfall.
– The domesticated chicken is probably the most widespread bird in the annals of planet Earth. If you measure success in terms of numbers, chickens, cows and pigs are the most successful animals ever. – Yuval Noah Harari
– Widespread use of antibiotics promotes the spread of antibiotic resistance. Smart use of antibiotics is the key to controlling its spread. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
common, prevalent, prevailing,
1. a model of excellence or a perfect example of something; 2. the highest level of something; 3. elevation of a person to divine status
– Satoshi Nakamoto’s, the inventor of Bitcoin, represents the apotheosis of cryptography and deserves to win the Nobel prize.
– McDonald with with a market share of 21.7 percent can be considered the apotheosis of processed junk foods.
– Thomas Jefferson’s statute for religious freedom proved to be the apotheosis of his political career.
– Da Vinci’s painting, the Mona Lisa, represents, to some, the apotheosis of his work.
deification, exaltation, epitome,