having many diverse elements, parts, members, or components. Multifarious is similar to multi-faceted and has a similar meaning. In both cases, the prefix multi- means “many.” Multifarious refers to anything varied and diverse
– My multifarious interests include bee keeping, sports, making pasta and creating this podcast.
– Steve Cohen’s multifarious collection of post-impressionist paintings is quite impressive.
– Griselda Blanco stood in front of the judge, accused of committing multifarious crimes during a short span of time.
diverse, eclectic, mixed, various,
1. to annoy, aggravate, or confuse someone; 2. to discuss something at length
– The government has to deal with the vexed question of how to reduce spending while also providing essential programs that are getting more costly each year.
– It was a vexing puzzle, and I didn’t think I could solve it on my own.
– It vexes me when they would constrain science by the authority of the Scriptures, and yet do not consider themselves bound to answer reason and experiment.- Galileo Galilei
distress, aggravate, anger, torment,
soothe, appease, comfort