to increase or make greater by adding something.
– Valour grows by daring, fear grows by holding back, Audacity augments courage
– If you want to augment your investment portfolio, you’ll have to take some calculated risks.
– We want to augment our presence in the area by running more television and newspaper advertisements.
– While searching for a way to augment her income, J. K. Rowling decided to write some novels about a young wizard.
kind, generous, forgiving, and noble in spirit
– Arsenal’s manager was magnanimous in victory, and praised the losing team.
– John made a big mistake at work, but he accepted the criticism with magnanimity.
– It was magnanimous of John’s boss to forgive his huge mistake.
– There are three things that signify the magnanimity of a person: good temper, patience, and generosity
generous, beneficent, forgiving,
mean, petty, paltry