Showing unselfish concern for the welfare of others. When you are altruistic, you are giving to other people–you are committing a selfless act. The noun altruism is the act of kindness or generosity.
– It seems that older people like Bill Gates tend to be more altruistic than young people when it comes to donating money to charities.
– In an act of pure altruism, Richard Gere decided to leave his estate to a charity organization.
– Monica felt an altruistic sense of duty when it came to her favorite charity.
– It was part of her altruistic nature to be a volunteer and give money to charitable organizations.
kind, generous, charitable,
selfish, inconsiderate, unkind
having angles and being sharply defined. Angular is often used to describe people who are thin and bony, as well as lean and lanky.
– Joanne’s angular features made her look aggressive, although she was very sweet.
– The modern architect’s buildings have a highly angular style, with many sharp lines and edges.
– Walt has an angular physique, despite how much he eats.