excessive flattery or admiration. Adulation is praise that is often overdone or excessive. Adulation is similar to flattery.
While adulation is excessive praise, flattery is praise used to influence someone or to win favor.
– Justin Bieber was greeted with adulation wherever he went.
– The celebrity quickly became addicted to the adulation he received from adoring fans and people in the media.
– There are many who adulate Elon Musk, and view him as our generation’s hero.
admiration, adoration, fawning
A person’s usual mood or disposition. Think of the many qualities that are mixed to make up a person’s character or general mood. See disposition to learn more about the subtle difference between disposition and temperament.
– The new parents are looking for a dog that likes children and has a sweet temperament.
– The new presidential candidate is measured in temperament, advocates for strong ties with traditional U.S. allies, and is socially liberal.
– My even temperament is in stark contrast to my dad’s frequent mood swings.
disposition, attitude, character