1. to arrange (a group of people); 2. to assemble; 3. to meet formally
– During the financial collapse, the FED convened in an emergency meeting.
– Boris Johnson is convening his first Cabinet meeting as Britain’s prime minister, pledging to break the impasse on Brexit.
– After the fireworks incident at school, the students were convened in the auditorium.
summon, gather, assemble,
adjourn, disperse, disassemble
Extreme depravity or evilness. Turpitude is a word that represents depraved behavior. Turpitude is a sophisticated way to denote an evil or wicked act. “Crimes of moral turpitude” is a legal phrase that refers to immoral and illegal acts.
– The people of the country rebelled against the turpitude of their corrupt government.
– The farmer let his daughter move to the big city, but prayed she would not fall victim to the many turpitudes of modern life.
– Al Capone was feared by his enemies because of his many acts of turpitude.
corruption, vileness, depravity,
morality, virtue, goodness