1. a state or point in which something has come to maturity or had a desired outcome;
2. the enjoyment of a desired outcome when it happens
– If Elon Musk vision comes to fruition, Mars will become a second home for the human species.
– The project team is working hard to bring to fruition all of the ideas outlined in the white paper
– It may be years before all of the Presidents programs come to fruition.
completion, conclusion, realization
1. shallow, not deep;
2. small or insignificant;
3. relating to or affecting only the surface of something
– I fell from my mountain bike, but thank goodness the cut was only superficial, or I would have bled much more.
– Superficial attributes like looks and wealth does not interest Lisa in the least.
– We dismissed the idea because it was a superficial solution that would only have temporarily solved our problem.
– His superficial outlook on life made it hard for him to form true, deep friendships.
shallow, outward, empty, outward
significant, deep, profound