1. to feel or express great joy or elation; 2. to be triumphant over someone else’s unhappiness
– Steve Jobs used his keynote speech to the press to exult about Apple’s many accomplishments.
– Elon Musk and all SpaceX employees exulted in the success in launching the new rocket.
– Sting was all exultation on being so honourably distinguished by Gregory Porter at the Polar Music Prize Ceremoney.
triumph, delight, celebrate
bemoan, lament, mourn
1. equality in position, wage, value, status, or the like; 2. the quality of being alike or similar
– For better economic stability, the small country would like its currency to maintain parity with the U.S. dollar.
– I’ve been taking tennis lessons, and I think my game is almost on parity with yours, now.
– There is a huge disparity between how hard I work and how little I get paid.
balance, closeness, equality
disparity, inequality, imbalance